The purposes of the project - inclusion of Saint Petersburg
in global scientific and educational cyberspace due to presentation of higher
educational establishments of Saint-Petersburg, and its educational and
scientific resources with using of the technology of virtual worlds and
delivery to various categories of users by means of compact discs and Internet.
Realisation of the project is arranged for the celebration of the Saint Petersburg’s 300th anniversary.
The first stage - April-December, 2002. Foundation of the Higher school in
Saint-Petersburg, is executed by State University of Aerospace Instrumentation
jointly with a number of leading Universities of Saint Petersburg, with
participation of Council of Rectors and of Committee on Science and Higher
Education of St.Petersburg. Financial support - Committee on the Preparation
and Organization of St. Petersburg's 300th Anniversary Celebration.
The second stage - Advanced technologies of the Higher school of Saint-Petersburg,
January of 2003. Increasing of the number of participants, support and
development of the society will be provided by expenses of participants
and joint projects in the frame of different programs and grants.
Special features of the execution
The project has an open and non-commercial character.
It is an experimental base for the exploration and applying of the virtual
environment for science and education. This approach allows interested
universities with a minimal qualification to participate in the project,
to be trained and to create their representation with the assistance of the
qualified participants in one time.
· Interactive map of Saint Petersburg which points on location of
Universities-participants of the project and provides access
to the Universities' recourses.
· General historical information about higher school formation
· Virtual presentations of Universities:
- Buildings with environmental territory;
- Historical information about university,
buildings, rooms, rectors;
- Historical-thematic applications;
- Examples of electronic resources (the completed
fragments of electron text-books, manuals, practical works, simulators
- Examples of students' works.
Presentation of results of the 1-st stage
Web-site (Russian-English version) to the address http://virtual.aanet.ru.
Master-discs (Russian and English versions).
· Increase of virtual presentations of universities in the created environment
due to expansion of structure of participants.
· Virtual university represented as a multi-user thematic virtual worlds
with characters (autonomous or representing users), interaction between
which is carried out on the basis of the text, gestures, a mimicry, a
voice, video, provides scientific and educational electronic resources
for individual and group work.
· Virtual representation of society in the international virtual worlds
(scientific, educational and technique).